Tuesday, May 8, 2007

AdBrite and My New Calling Card Blog

I might be getting carried away, but I had an idea for a new blog and checked the address I wanted and it was available, so I started a new blog! This will be my 3rd. Technically I started a couple others but they are shadows of the main ones I started. I am focusing my efforts on these three at the moment. Who knows, maybe I'll start a fourth a few days. I already have an idea. It only took me a couple hours to get everything the way I want it on the new blog. Now that I have practice, I can set up a new blog pretty quickly.

The new blog is about calling cards. I got the idea by clicking an AdSense ad I saw on another site. Now I need to think about content for this new blog, as well as affiliates. I plan to run this blog a little differently than the others. We'll see how it works out.

Here is a banner ad from Cloncom, the site that got me interested in starting a calling card blog. Click the ad and buy a calling card! I'll receive a small commission.



Or if you are a publisher you can join their affiliate program as well by clicking this banner:



I also tried to get AdBrite again. They must not want my business! I was finally able to set up an account, but they have a pretty long process that is supposed to help match a publisher with the advertisers that are the best fit for their site. But after getting most of the way through THREE times their server had an error processing my info and I had to start all over again! After the 3rd time I gave up in frustration. I have better things to do with my time. Maybe in the future I'll try again...or maybe I'll discover another service that is easier to use.

Now I really need to focus some efforts on SEO and try to get my sites seen! More on my progress with this later.

Oh yeah, I checked my AdSense balance and it went down! Apparently the more hits on my site that I have that do not generate an AdSense click lower my percentage ratio. So as I have been refreshing my blogs after each adjustment I have hurt my ratio which caused my earnings to fall from $2.91 to $2.76. So I am going to be more careful in my refreshing. I anticipate this being a non issue once I have an audience, and once I have tweaked my blogs enough. Maybe I’m wrong on this…if a reader happens to stumble upon this post who understands AdSense better than I do would like to explain this further or correct me, please do so!

1 comment:

india calling card said...

This is an interesting post, so informative !