Saturday, May 12, 2007

Blog Logs, ClickBank, and other things.

I received my first blog comment ever! It came as a result of a comment I left on a blog I liked about chocolate. The comment came on my Cocoa-Nut Blog. It was a good achievement for me.

The past couple days I've spent some time scouring the internet trying to find new ideas and to see what I can learn about starting a Blogging business. I've paid particular attention to how I can get my blog read. I noticed on several blogs some community membership in places like My Blog Log and Blog Catalog. I joined these two and immediately received emails and had people sign up to join my neighborhood or community! Not bad. I hope this will get bigger and will help promote my blog even more so that it will appear high up in search engine results.

I look at PRweb and some other sites and am in the process of joining these to help promote my blogs. I also looked at ClickBank and sign up for an account. I'm still not 100% sure how this works, but some of their products seem appropriate for some of my blogs.

If a reader has any tips to share, I am a humble guy and more than willing to listen to your advice! I'd be more than happy to trade links. I'm trying to read and educate myself as much as possible. I'm learning a lot. One thing that I'm learning about myself is that I am easily distracted. I heavily utilize tabbed browsing, so if a site takes to long to load, I'm off to look at another one. As a result I have a lot of ideas and processes going. It can be a bit confusing at times and Explorer has crashed a few times as a result as well, which is not cool at all since I lose the sites I was working on and then need to go through my history to find them again.

No comments: