Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Hard Work of Blogging

I've been having trouble with Blogger lately. For some reason I can’t view any blogs hosted by Blogspot, including my own. I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem, but it has been frustrating to say the least. I am not even sure that this entry will work.

I've been spending some time reading about blogging and other online business models. I'm still trying to figure out the best direction for me to take things. The blogging world is huge, but finding that niche that is just right for me is not easy. In truth it has been a bit discouraging.

But I am at the front end of this. I can't and don't expect it to happen without hard work. I am mostly frustrated with my own lack of direction and not being able to nail down the right blog and or internet business for me. I feel like I've missed the boat since I am getting into this late.

I am going to keep on working at it though and have learned a lot about SEO and how to monetize a website. I am not a computer novice, but I have very limited programming and website development skills. I plan to try to teach myself some of this and have already read some really good stuff online that has helped.

A bright spot for me has been the traffic increase I've received...granted I've gone from 0-2 views a day to 2-4. That's great percentage increase, though I'd like to have the #'s in the thousands, but I must admit to myself that my content isn't worthy of a thousand readers yet. Content is king.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Anonymous said...

Well, If you have ever thought about writing some script to automate those things that you do many times on a daily basis, then you have a great and easy way to automate the entir e process. It comes without saying that a few imacros and firefox add-ons can automate all actions related to a browser (Mozilla). If you would like to automate your system as such, then you'll need some other script, simple commands can automate your system. Even a beginner will automate things using a simple software called as sikuli all you need to do is to tell Sikuli what to do by giving some screenshots and easy commands.
A GUI will be used with Sikuli. Sikuli is an open siurce scripting application that will use a combination of simple commands like click, type, wait and so on. There's no internal API support, it just searches the screen for the image in the screenshot-which implies that you'll use it for anything. There's literally no limit on how you use it to automate things.
This is too good to be true, but if you watch the subsequent video, you will come to know that this can be very easy. If you visit their home page, you get a lot of tutorials and support; it can be a cake walk even for beginners. You can check the video as well as get the software at [url=http://technoages.com/operating-system/apple-mac-os/automate-everything-through-a-simple-script-make-your-computer-listen-to-you/]TechnoAges.com[/url]