Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Search for Content

Yesterday I spent a good bit of time searching the web and looking for content, both for this blog and my chocolate blog. I found some very interesting blogs on internet business that I subscribed to. I hope that further reading of these blogs will help educate me on the techniques of successful and profitable blogging.

I actually struggled a little with discouragement as I saw how many other sites are out there and how far ahead of me they are. It seems like I have a long way to go.

I found a competitor to Google AdSense called AdBrite. I tried to sign up, but every time I finished the application form and clicked submit, the server would time out. Frustrating! I'll go back and try it again...maybe today.

I'm still looking for some affiliate programs that would fit with this blog about my blogging business. I haven't given it much effort yet, but maybe I'll find something today. I also plan to read up on search engine optimization and attempt to get my blogs in the coveted top 10.

I decided to write my own review of a chocolate from Japan that I bought in Thailand. I currently live in Thailand but am moving back to the States in a couple months. I have loved it here, but one of the major draw backs for me is the lack of good chocolate!

I've noticed that there are a lot of get rich quick schemes out there on the internet. If you buy the guru's special report for $39.99 and follow his perfected system you will instantly with little effort become an internet millionaire. I see these sites and immediately my scam radar begins to beep furious warnings. I have better things to spend my money on...and I figure I can probably find all the information I need for free on the internet if I just take the effort to dig. There is no such thing as easy money. All rewards come from hard and wise work.

No comments: