Thursday, May 10, 2007

Keywords and Analytics

Today I took a first step to getting my blogs on the internet radar. I set up each of the domains that I purchased to forward traffic to each corresponding blog. I also added keywords and phrases to that domain name. This is important because this is one of the things search engines look for in their search. One thing I did that I hope will help is I included common misspellings of the keywords. I also add some phrases like 'what is a blog.' My hope is that when some one types 'affilliate marketing' in a search engine, my site will rank higher because my keywords include the misspelling.

I also sign up each of my blogs with Analyitics by Google. Analytics appears to be a very promising online application that will help me track my web traffic which will help me answer some significant marketing and demographics questions which will help me know my audience better thereby helping me server better content for that audience. I'll see how it works and let you know.

No comments: